Democracy Under Assault
Theopolitics, Incivility and Violence on the Right
Story Topic Sheet
Possible Story Topics
Democracy Under Assault: TheoPolitics, Incivility and Violence on the Right
by Michele Swenson
- Terri Shiavo Case: The most Recent Excuse to Exercise the "Nuclear Option" to Overcome the Independent Judiciary?
- Proponents of Theocracy: What is Their Vision of America?
- Church-State Separation: Constitutional Precept or Outdated Dogma?
- Anti-tax Activist Grover Norquist - Eagerly Anticipating State Bankruptcies
- Christian Nation - Intent of the Founding Fathers?
- Calls to Impeach "Activist" Judges: How Ideology Drives the Debate
- Federally-Funded Faith-Based Initiatives: What Is Their Effect?
- The Push to Privatize All Government/Social Programs
- Gay Marriage: Infringement on Christianity or Basic Civil Right?
- School Violence: Who’s to Blame? Attitudes on Gun Control Laws
- Public Schools: The Quiet Dismantling of Public Education
- The Root of America’s Growing Income/Lifestyle Disparity
- Intent of Large Budget Deficits; Priorities Behind Proposed Federal Budget Cuts
- Out-of-Control CEO Compensation: Sense of Entitlement in Corporate America
- Anti- or Pro-Tax? Why the Argument Isn’t That Simple
- Abortion Irony: What Faith Group Has the Highest Rate of Abortion?
- Ultraconservatives Undermining Women’s Rights - What is Their Ultimate Vision of Women's Role?
- Who is Advocating Return to "One-Family-One-Vote" and "One-Family-One-Paycheck"?
- The Right's Idealized Vision of America - Rooted in 19th Century Science and Economics